Individuals with Dravet syndrome have complex and lifelong neurological and medical needs that are unique. Often, a local care team is not familiar with Dravet syndrome or may not have had another patient with this diagnosis. A visit to a Comprehensive Care Center will benefit the patient and family, allowing them to connect with knowledgeable experts and form a bridge to their local care provider when complex issues arise. If there is not a center located near you, you can look for medical professionals across the U.S. who treat and have familiarity with Dravet syndrome on our find a doctor page.
To qualify as a DSF Comprehensive Care Center, the center is expected to:
- Offer a multidisciplinary approach for the treatment of Dravet syndrome
- Have a high concentration of expertise and related resources centered on Dravet syndrome
- Demonstrate a strong knowledge base and familiarity with Dravet syndrome
- Commit to furthering clinical knowledge of Dravet syndrome through collaboration with others, including DSF
- Have involvement in studies and/or clinical trials for Dravet syndrome and are knowledgeable about new treatments and cutting edge research.
- Additionally, to continue to qualify to be listed as Comprehensive Care Center by DSF, the center is expected to participate in DSF-sponsored fundraising and educational events. For example, this includes attending the biennial DSF Family and Professional Conference, local fundraising events, and online professional education programs.
Medical professionals interested in having their center added may contact our Scientific Director for details and criteria.
Disclaimer: DSF does not endorse any particular care provider or center and provides this list only as a service to the community. Not all of the professionals and institutions listed on this site have the same treatment approach. Your decision to select a particular health care provider and/or treatment option is yours alone, and DSF bears no responsibility for the care provided by any professional listed on this site or for outcome of any treatment option you may select.