Postdoctoral Fellowship Application Guidelines
Eligibility: Successful applicants hold an MD, PhD, or equivalent degree, are a clinical or post-doctoral fellow at an academic institution, may be US or foreign based, and do not hold a higher level faculty appointment.
Applications are due by Friday, September 9, 2022.
Please email Veronica with any questions.
Applications which do not include the following materials and meet the specified page limitations will be returned unprocessed, or will be deferred until a subsequent granting cycle. Please use size 11 font or larger with margins of at least 0.5 inches. Please submit all documents as PDFs.
- Grant Application, found here
Fillable PDF form that must be signed by applicant and an institutional grants program official. Includes applicant and mentor information, a lay abstract, and scientific abstract.
- Letters of Support – Two letters of support are required; one letter of support from your direct supervisor/mentor and one letter of support from another senior investigator/clinician familiar with your expertise, experience, and potential.
- CV/Biosketch – Not to exceed 3 pages each
An example can be found here. Please submit one CV/Biosketch for the postdoctoral applicant and one CV/Biosketch from the direct supervisor/mentor.
- Hypothesis and Specific Aims – 1 page
Please use a single page to lay out the hypothesis and rationale for the proposal including the specific aims to be accomplished.
- Research Plan – Not to exceed 5 pages
This should include background, any preliminary data, experimental approach, methods, expected outcomes and discussion of potential pitfalls.
- Bibliography – no page limit
Please provide citations in NIH format (listing all authors)
Applicants will be informed of the status of their application by late November/ early December, following scientific review and final decisions by DSF’s Board of Directors. Awardees are then announced publicly at the annual DSF Research Roundtable that is held just prior to the American Epilepsy Society Meeting.