The DSF Disaster Relief and Recovery Fund was established for patients with Dravet syndrome that have been impacted by natural and other significant natural disaster events in the U.S., such as tornados, hurricanes, earthquakes. Flooding that results from a significant natural disaster event would also qualify. Families that are members of the DSF Family Network may apply for a $500 Visa card or Amazon E-card to be used for lodging, food, supplies or however needed. (Applicants must be a member of DSF Family Network to apply.)
Rules for submittal:
- A natural or significant disaster is defined as, “any event or force of nature that has catastrophic consequences, such as an avalanche, earthquake, forest fire, hurricane, tornado, tsunami, and volcanic eruption.”
- Applications must be submitted within 90 days of the occurrence of the natural disaster.
- The program is open to U.S. residents only, who are a member of the DSF Family Network.
- Applicants must complete and submit the application on their own, no third-parties are permitted to submit on behalf of another person or family. Applications submitted by third-parties will be immediately disqualified.
- Completed applications will be reviewed and approved on a first-come, first-serve basis, please allow 5-7 days for review.
- Because we have many families in need, the DSF Disaster Relief & Recovery Fund is limited to a single award per family.
If you are unsure if your application meets criteria or if you have any questions, please email Jamie.
The information collected by Dravet Syndrome Foundation will not be sold or distributed outside of DSF and is used solely to verify identity and assist with communication. Questions or concerns can be directed to our team.