The DSF Disaster Relief and Recovery Fund was established for patients with Dravet syndrome that have been impacted by natural and other significant natural disaster events in the U.S., such as tornados, hurricanes, earthquakes. Flooding that results from a significant natural disaster event would also qualify. Families that are members of the DSF Family Network may apply for a $500 Visa card or Amazon E-card to be used for lodging, food, supplies or however needed. (Applicants must be a member of DSF Family Network to apply.)
Rules for submittal:
- A natural or significant disaster is defined as, “any event or force of nature that has catastrophic consequences, such as an avalanche, earthquake, forest fire, hurricane, tornado, tsunami, and volcanic eruption.” Funds are not available at this time in response to the COVID-19 Pandemic. DSF understands most of our families will be going through significant hardships in the coming weeks and months due to the economic burden of COVID-19 including job losses, revenue losses, small business closure, childcare expenses, investment and savings losses, and medical expenses related to prevention and/or treatment. We will update the Relief Fund eligibility rules as the situation evolves, hoping to use the small amount of resources available to help those in our community most in need. We appreciate your patience and understanding as this disaster affects every member of our community in some significant way.
- Applications must be submitted within 90 days of the occurrence of the natural disaster.
- The program is open to U.S. residents only, who are a member of the DSF Family Network.
- Applicants must complete and submit the application on their own, no third-parties are permitted to submit on behalf of another person or family. Applications submitted by third-parties will be immediately disqualified.
- Completed applications will be reviewed and approved on a first-come, first-serve basis, please allow 5-7 days for review.
If you are unsure if your application meets criteria or if you have any questions, please email Jamie.
The information collected by Dravet Syndrome Foundation will not be sold or distributed outside of DSF and is used solely to verify identity and assist with communication. Questions or concerns can be directed to our team.