After having to postpone our scheduled conference in 2020, we are excited to be able to gather face-to-face again this June in Fort Worth, Texas. From June 23rd to 25th we have a full schedule that you won’t want to miss! Here are 5 reasons you will want to be there:
- Educational opportunities. Nothing compares to the educational aspect of the DSF Conference. While there is a great deal of information out there on Dravet syndrome – from social media, articles, studies, and more – our conference brings together the top professionals and knowledgeable experts in the field to discuss subjects that are relevant and important to patient families. You will learn about new treatments, best care practices, clinical trials, and the latest in research. You will leave feeling more confident in managing your loved one’s day-to-day care and overall health management.
- Connection and Friendship. There is nothing like meeting and connecting with others in person who understand the medical journey your family is on. Not only will parents have the opportunity to meet, but we will offer our Super Siblings Camp to connect sibs, as well as a Dravet Activity Room for patients and caregivers. On Thursday and Friday siblings have the opportunity to participate in fun activities with one another during our Sib Camp, while our Dravet Activity Room offers a space where patients and their caregivers can gather for a variety of fun activities, sponsored by Ciara’s Light. Each evening, everyone comes together for dinner and social activities. You will have the chance to see old friends and meet new, and walk away from the conference with connections for life.
- Learn first-hand about upcoming clinical trials. On Thursday, you have the opportunity to hear directly from seven companies who have products for the treatment of Dravet syndrome currently in clinical trial or soon starting. This is your chance to learn about how you can participate and ask any questions you have. There are also opportunities to visit our exhibitors on Friday and Saturday to learn about current treatments and products to help you manage the daily care of your loved one
- Participate in a workshop. On Saturday there will be two tracks of sessions geared towards caregivers. Track A focuses on families new to diagnosis and Track B focuses on families of adult patients. Each track will also offer an afternoon workshop with panels and breakout groups for a more in-depth exploration of caregiver needs at different stages of this medical journey. You will have the valuable opportunity to meet and foster relationships – ask questions, share advice, and generate inspiration from one another.
- Visit a new place and have fun! The conference itself will provide lots of fun, including family dinners and socializing. You can even treat your time away from home as a getaway or mini-vacation. Arrive a day early or stay an extra day or two to have some fun and take in all that Fort Worth has to offer!
Excited and ready to learn more? Visit www.dsfconference.org to:
- See the agenda and speakers
- Apply for a scholarship
- Meet our supporters and exhibitors
- …and more!
Thank You to Our Supporters