Your commitment and engagement as part of the DSF community has been instrumental in the progress that has been made for patients and families living with Dravet syndrome in the last decade. Now more than ever, we need your help!
Dravet Syndrome Awareness Month takes place each June in the U.S. This is our annual opportunity to highlight our unmet needs and to improve the quality of life for the Dravet syndrome patient community. By raising awareness of Dravet syndrome, our community can increase knowledge in the general public; improve early diagnosis; assure that patient families have the information they need to manage their loved one’s care; and reduce the feelings of isolation faced by patients and their families. This year’s theme is: Join the Fight! www.dravetawarenessmonth.org
How You Can Join the Fight!
- Start a Fundraiser: Join our June FIGHT FOR A CURE fundraiser. Set up a personal fundraiser page for free, and raise $415 or more to get your free swag bag and t-shirt. Funds raised will support our research program which has accelerated our understanding of Dravet syndrome and helped bring new treatments to market. #fightdravet
- Dravet Remembrance Day: Our 1st annual Dravet Remembrance Day will take place on June 15th and will be a time for our community to reflect and remember those who we have lost to Dravet syndrome. Submit your loved one’s name here for inclusion on our virtual Remembrance Wall. #dravetremembranceday
- International Awareness Day: On June 23rd, we are joining our advocacy partners and families from around the world in raising awareness of Dravet Syndrome Awareness Day. This year’s Dravet Syndrome Awareness Day falls on the day before the start of DSF’s 2021 virtual conference. #dravetawarenessday
- Spread the Word: Follow us on all of our social media channels, then be sure to like and share our daily posts to help raise awareness! Make sure to use the hashtag #fightdravet
- Facebook Frames: Use our Facebook Frames to help raise awareness of Dravet syndrome and show that you are in the fight! Click here for this year’s designs and links to add a frame to your Facebook profile.
- Share your Support: Print off one of our Dravet Awareness Month signs, share a photo of yourself or your family with the sign on social media to show that you are ready to #fightdravet. Be sure to tag DSF!